Purple Hairstyles 2016.If you haven’t noticed, colored hair isn’t just for angsty teens, clowns or Halloween costumes anymore. Vibrant hues are a fun way to step outside of the box when updating your look. For me, the color kick started due to a breakup. I just wanted something new (duh!). Now I’m hooked.
If you aren’t ready to fully commit to a colored ‘do, try hair chalk or semi-permanent wash-out color. If you aren’t ready even for washout dye, then just drown in amazement with us over our favorite purple hair inspirations.
1. Katy Perry: Our true inspiration. She had us wishing for purple locks ever since we saw her music video for California Gurls and then (a little more realistic) Wide Awake. (via Beauty Editor)
2. Purple Ombre: LOVE! The variation of purple hues in this ombre is amazing and making us totally jealous! Can we wake up with our hair looking like that everyday? Pretty please! (via Pretty Designs)
3. Black and Purple: Dark hair can add a lot of depth to violet hues. Subtle pastel purple mixed in with black hair is breathtaking.
4. Sea Salt and Purple Hair: The salt from the ocean can do amazing/awful things to your hair color. It will attack the vibrancy of the color and cause it to fade into a pastel. This could give you a beautiful natural ombre. However, if you are in love with your vibrant hues, stay away from the ocean! P.S. This photo was photoshopped. Sorry! But it is just too good!
5. Purple Bow Tie: The ends of your hair naturally get more sunlight and go through more wear-and-tear then the rest of your head. This will cause your color to lighten on its own and produce a dark to light fade. (via Callina Marie)
7. Purple Pastel: This inspo brings us to fairy heaven. Light purple locks and sparkly dusted eyebrows? Yes, please. (via Garden of the Dreamers)
8. Purple Hues: When dying your whole head an unnatural hair color, remember to include lighter and darker pieces. This will create dimension that happens with your own hair color naturally.